Thursday, December 10, 2015

Ruger Vaquero - II

I was showing off my Vaquero at the office this morning, and a friend noticed a logo stamped in the side of the revolver.  A rampant bull in a circle, and wondered about it.  Here's a picture taken from my cell phone.

I went to a computer and started searching for this logo.  I came up with something interesting.

That's a pretty good match for the logo.  I've got an email in to Turnbull Restoration to see if they know anything about the gun I'm now calling the Mancum Ruger.  We'll see what Turnbull can tell me.

7 comments:

The Displaced Louisiana Guy said...

You have *got* to be sh*thing me. You picked up a Turnbull revolver for less than the price of a new factory ruger?

Lucky!

Pawpaw said...

Yep, and I dickered on the price. If Deramus didn't know what he had, who am I to argue with him?

Old NFO said...

You got one Turnbull has worked on... That's a keeper!!!

The Displaced Louisiana Guy said...

A quick Internet search shows that when that revolver was made, Turnbull only had a few employees. Assuming that the work was done within the first year or so of the gun's life, there's a good chance that Turnbull did the work himself.

raven said...

The color case hardening would ID it, no name needed!
Nice gun!

raven said...

A question - How did you search for the image? Is it possible to enter the image itself as the search "term"? I have a seal (family crest) I am trying to identify.

Pawpaw said...

Yeah, Raven, if you see an image on your computer screen, right-click on it. A little pop-up menu will come up and one of the options is "Search Google for this image".