Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas

Sitting here in my slippers this rainy Christmas morning, I am grateful that I've seen my family this week, I've enjoyed the plentiful food and I've shared cheer with friends.  It's quiet at PawPaw's house, so I turn to the internets to read the newspaper, and I see this joyous headline on the Daily Mail.
'The worst delivery service ever': FedEx admits it has missed THOUSANDS of Christmas deliveries to the outrage of parents across America 
And the Twitter feed on the page below is blowing up, giving FedEx hell for missing those important, last-minute deliveries.To which I say, Get Over It.

We've become addicted to a just-in-time delivery system, the finest in the world.  If FedEx decides to take the day off to enjoy Christmas with their families, that's their prerogative.  I know, they make their living by delivering packages, but if it's really important, maybe ordering it by December 1st makes better sense.  I have very little sympathy for those who fail to plan ahead, during the busiest shopping month of the year.

Next year, plan better.  Make sure that your Christmas essentials are inside your house by December 15th and there won't be a problem.  If millions of people decide at the last minute to order packages, there are only so many trucks in the fleet and only so many drivers to deliver those packages.

I hope that FedEx employees have a rich, blessed Christmas.  I'm expecting a package, but I'm not expecting it today.  FedEx tracking says that it will be delivered tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath, and if it gets here early next week, that will be fine.

PawPaw has picked up the extra tables and put away the folding chairs from the festivities last night.  I intend to revel in my sloth for the rest of the day and enjoy the company of my lady.  Tomorrow is soon enough to worry about the world, and everything I need is right here.

2 comments:

Gerry N. said...

AMEN

Gerry N.

Termite said...

Pawpaw said: "We've become addicted to a just-in-time delivery system, the finest in the world. If FedEx decides to take the day off to enjoy Christmas with their families, that's their prerogative. I know, they make their living by delivering packages, but if it's really important, maybe ordering it by December 1st makes better sense. I have very little sympathy for those who fail to plan ahead, during the busiest shopping month of the year.
Next year, plan better. "


AMEN!. Preach it, friend.