Thursday, February 28, 2013

Thursday rambling

I see that the Senate confirmed Jack Lew for Treasury.  Excuse me if I don't get excited.  This is a yawner of substantial proportions.  He's not going to do a good job, but he's the man that Obama wants.  Like Hagel in  Defense, how Obama picks his cabinet is a bit of a head-scratcher.  Unless you are actively planning to destroy a nation, it's hard to understand the choices.

The Senate is, of course, a lapdog to the President, so they'll confirm whomever he sends up the hill.  There's a special place in hell for Harry Reid, who hasn't done his job in over 1400 days.

However, on the up-side, today it appears that the weather will cooperate and PawPaw will actually get to watch a girl's softball game today.  I like softball, so this afternoon's detail should be fun.  Tomorrow, I've got our track meet and while I don't particularly enjoy track-and-field, it's part and parcel of the job.

I was remarking to a co-worker that I really need to get out and shoot.  It's been a while since I felt recoil, and I need the therapy.

No comments: