Monday, February 11, 2013

NY Times Notices

The rising voice of gun ownership is female, according to the New York Times.
Women’s participation in shooting sports has surged over the last decade, increasing by 51.5 percent for target shooting from 2001 to 2011, to just over 5 million women, and by 41.8 percent for hunting, according to the National Sporting Goods Association. Gun sales to women have risen in concert. In a survey last year by the National Shooting Sports Foundation, 73 percent of gun dealers said the number of female customers had gone up in 2011, as had a majority of retailers surveyed in the two previous years.
That mirrors my experience.  In our household, the women are becoming shooters.  Two daughters-in-law have taken their concealed permit and one of my sisters likewise carries with a permit.  Yesterday at Sunday lunch, while grandkids played on the living room floor, we talked about the various pros and cons of the Glock and the Springfield XD.  One daughter-in-law pronounced a decided preference for the XD and announced her plan to purchase one soon.  She already owns several handguns and was talking about which one she'd sell to acquire the Springfield.

My sister-in-law began hunting several years ago.  She now owns a really nice custom Remington 700 in .260 Remington and she's four-for-four on whitetail deer.  I wouldn't want her shooting at me; she can drive nails with that thing.

Milady has her pistols, and I have mine.  I haven't gotten Milady to the deer stand yet, but she knows how to use the revolver in her vehicle.  Any goblin who tries to hijack my lady who is only 5'2" would have made a severe miscalculation.

I reference Oleg Volk recently, and I notice that a lot of his models are female.  Here's another.

The rising voice of gun ownership is female.  Let Freedom Ring.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Amen! :-)