Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Crutches Update - Final

Went to the Doc late yesterday afternoon and he looked at the burnt foot, declared my progress satisfactory, and said that I could go back to work.  I'm able to wear socks and shoes.  Most of the time I don't have any pain and although I still limp a little bit, I've dispensed with the cane.  Today, Tuesday, is a state holiday, so I'm off for one more day, but I called my boss yesterday afternoon and told him I'd be back at work on Wednesday morning.

Today is Fat Tuesday, Mardi Gras and the weather in Louisiana is not cooperating.  Where we normally make the drive to Mamou and Eunice for small town Mardi Gras, today I'm going to stay inside and watch the rain.  However, this is the day that south Louisiana celebrates the last day before Lent, where we give thanks and party so that we can prepare ourselves for the Easter season.  Do not confuse the New Orleans Mardi Gras celebration with the traditional small-town Mardi Gras.  Although each is a valid celebration, in the flat prairies of south Louisiana, the celebration is much, much different.



I have much to be thankful for this Easter season.

2 comments:

BobF said...

Very glad to hear of the update and that you're headed back to work. My mobility comes and goes and I know when it's a problem it affects everything else. Enjoy!

For the first time in many years we didn't have a couple of king cakes shipped in for the Mardi Gras season. Don't know why -- just never got into the mood.

Oldlurker said...

Welcome back! It was good to see that ole pickup tucked into her normal spot at the schoolhouse this am. And if I haven't said it before - we appreciate your service there.