Friday, November 26, 2010

Out of Coffee

It turns out, we're out of coffee, so I've got to make a trip to the store in a few minutes to rectify that oversight. Milady is a wonderful, kind, loving person until she wakes up and finds that we have no coffee in the house. Hell hath no fury like a woman who can't make coffee... I believe that's the quote.

Also, the temps are diving with the passage of the cold front, and I'm going to be back in the deer stand at daylight. The low is predicted to be 26 by-God degrees. While I'm out, I'm going to pick up another bottle of propane for the heater in the box stand.

I know, I know. I bought a heater for my box stand last month, and it's a hell of a lot easier to stay on a stand if you're warm.

Just for the record, I don't do Black Friday.

5 comments:

J said...

Well, unfortunately a woodcutter is bringing me a load of firewood in the morning, so I can't bundle up and go hunting. Dang. Guess I'll have to keep the ol' wood heater goin' with the firewood on hand and go hunting another time. Ought to be a good morning for hunting as the rut is on, and the deer are either looking for--well, you know--or acorns. We can put on another coat or light the heater in our deer stand if we get cold, but a deer has to eat something to maintain body heat. That's worth remembering, Pawpaw.

Anonymous said...

PawPaw be sure the flush toilet in the stand doesn’t freeze also. Best of luck. David

J said...

Flush toilet? Why am I not surprised?

Old NFO said...

LOL Flush toilet???

Pawpaw said...

"PawPaw be sure the flush toilet in the stand doesn’t freeze also."

Ha! Don't I wish! Yesterday morning when the coffee kicked in, that Bear in the Woods and I had a lot in common.