Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Grilling

I love my big charcoal drop-box pit, but it's way too big for cooking a couple of steaks. The thing takes five or six pounds of charcoal to heat up the pit, and that doesn't make any sense for cooking two little ribeye steaks.

Last week, Milady was at the auction and found an outdoor George Foreman grill. This thing is electric, but I bet it'll cook a steak just fine. She got a heck of a deal on it, and I don't believe it's ever been used.



Sorry about the photo quality, it's so humid outside that when I brought the camera to the patio, the lens immediately fogged over.

However, inside, I have marinating two little ribeye steaks. They've been in a garlic/herb marinade for the past hour, and they're looking good.



When Milady gets home we're going to nuke some potatoes, crank up that little grill and see how it does. I'm betting it'll do just fine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a generic version and I like it. Dip frozen pork chops in a 1:4 ratio wochester: dark syrup, throw them on the grill, and get ready to eat something easy and fine!

PresterSean said...

Well, how'd it do?

Rich Jordan said...

We've had an indoor unit for years, and really like it. Burgers, steaks, chops, and chicken. However when possible we still fire up the little Hibachi outside and grill up some steaks or burgers; electric is fine but that smoky charcoal-y goodness just can't be emulated.

Termite said...

Steak, baked potato, salad, and a cold beer........

Life is good.