Monday, August 16, 2010

Back to Work Monday

I went back to work today, prepping for the opening of school on Wednesday. I enjoyed the time off and still have a list of stuff that I would like to have done on my time off.

When I was a kid, we went to school on the Tuesday after Labor Day and were finished the Friday before Memorial Day, barring any unforseen events like snow or hurricane. Nowadays it seems fashionable to start school early in August. I'm not sure I understand why, but we've all go to live with it.

As we live through the heat of August, I am comforted by the fact that September and October approaches and in the great circle of events we have to live through August to be able to enjoy October. In just a few more weeks I'll start making regular treks to the hunting lease to prepare for the autumn hunting seasons.

I'm really looking forward to that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paw Paw...buddy...Are you a School Resource officer? Man I feel for you..all those little rude turds. Back in the day, we lived in fear of the "Coach" with his WoodShop Manufactured shaved Baseball bat with holes in it. Man that thing would sting. And we would get sent home for hair over our ears, smokin' under the bleachers, and so on.....