Thursday, August 19, 2010

Chicken Spaghetti

I'm on the hook for supper, and I've decided on a chicken spaghetti.

It's a simple recipe.

Onion
Bell pepper
Whole cooked chicken
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 can original Ro-tel tomatoes
8 oz Velveeta Cheese
1 cup half-and half (I use fat-free)
1 pound spaghetti.

Peel the chicken from the bone and cut meat into small pieces. I generally just pull it apart with my hands.

Chop the onion and bell pepper and sautee in a little oil. Add chicken, Ro-tel, cream mushroom soup, cubed Velveeta cheese and the half-and-half. Let it simmer for a half-hour or so.

Boil spaghetti. Drain.

Mix everything together in a baking dish. Bake it until it firms up. About a half-hour or so, in a 350 degree oven.

Serve with garlic bread.

It's what's for supper.

4 comments:

J said...

I bet you could make crow spaghetti and it'd be good!

Rivrdog said...

The only thing I'd do differently is to layer some of that Velveeta over the top of the casserole, or add a few prepackaged slices of it on the top.

Yummm!

Termite said...

How in the world can half-in-half be fat free?!?!?!?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Rivrdog said...

Probably add sugar and a thickener to skim milk.