Thursday, October 13, 2005

Flight update

We learn from the Associated Press this morning that an arrest was made in the case of the missing Cessna Citation that was found at the Gwinnett airport near Atlanta.
The circumstances of the theft were not clear, but nothing threatening was found on the plane, police spokesman Darren Moloney said. The incident "appears to be a joy ride."

(Name redacted) was charged with felony theft and misdemeanor reckless conduct, police said, adding that additional federal charges were expected.
So, it was a joyride.

Not terrorism, thankfully. Some might call for increased regulation of light planes, but I won't be one of them. I still believe that this country is best served by the maximum amount of individual freedom allowable. Let sanctions fall against those who deserve it. I suspect that (Name Redacted)  won't be flying any aircraft in the near future. Probably never again.

However, if I decide to get my license, buy an airplane and take a joyride across the country, as long as I don't hurt anyone, it isn't the governments business.

**Edited 06/14/2014**  I redacted the name of the young man.  His father contacted me, he's paid his debt and is moving forward with his life.  Additionally, weirdo lunatic has been sending them death threats, referencing this blog post.  I can't, of course, be responsible for weirdo lunatics, but I can redact the young man's name in the interest of rehabilitation.

No comments: