Thursday, October 06, 2005

Busy

Been busier than hell the last couple of days, and expect to work till 10:00 tomorrow night. Between configuring this computer, and writing an article for The Frugal Outdoorsman, and taking care of some personal business, I don't seem to have time for writing in the blog.

Sorry about that. I promise to do better.

I'd blog on whatshername Miers, but I can't get excited about it.

I'd tell you about the new article, but then printing it here would... oh, hell, maybe just a little preview:
The next target was fired about a half hour after the one above. It uses the same powder charge (41 grs Reloder 19), but with the Sierra GameKing bullet, and I took my time between shots. This target represents a five shot group, with four of them in one hole, and one flier opening up the group. When I showed my buddy the target, he asked me if I cussed when I saw the flier. No, but I wanted to cry. Fliers are tough to take sometimes, but they are part of our quest for the perfect load. Fliers exist to remind us we are human. This target represents the accuracy this rifle is capable of producing and is what we should all strive for. It shows the inherent accuracy availabe in the .243 Winchester cartridge, the care and quality in the Savage Model 10, and the obvious ease of use of the Accutrigger.
The target I am talking about is here:


I'll let you know when the whole thing posts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened was . . . on shot #5 the sear broke on your heartbeat ending instead of the beginning.

Ker (fire) plunk
Ker (fire) plunk
Ker (fire) plunk
Ker (fire) plunk
Ker (plunk) fire

*&^%$#@*&

Pawpaw said...

Actually, I don't shoot that well and I was wondering what weird probability string caused all those shots to randomly enter the same hole.

I'm thinking about revising that paragraph to include the random error that those four shots represent.