Wednesday, January 17, 2024

New Winshiled

 The roads in Louisiana are not noted for their pristine condition.  As such, you're liable to pick up a rock chip occasionally. That's why we buy insurance.  The van needed a new windshield, not that it bothered me, but that I'll need to get it inspected by the end of the month.

I made the appointment for last Friday, but of course they got the wrong windshield in.  So, we reset for this afternoon.  I showed up after lunch, they got started about 1:30 and I was out of there by 3:00.  Not bad for a windshield job.

I remember, back in the day, when a windshield took about 4 hours, and most of that was letting the glue harden.  Bifore that, we used rubber grommets to hold the windshield in. Those were lots of fun.  For twenly years, I had a good friend who owned a glass shop, and I gave him all my business, but he retired about the same time I did. That adhesive he used would get on everything.  He claimed that when he ordered it over the phone, he got some in his ear.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Ah yes, 'country roads'...

Anonymous said...

My SUV windshield just started a crack; I assume the current cold and ice didn't help.
Out here there is no local glass place, so scheduling gets difficult.
Jonathan