Tuesday, June 04, 2019

Bureaucrats

Years ago, one of my bosses had a needlepoint on his wall.
Never Let The Bureaucrat Win
Belle has been fighting a bureaucracy for the past several months, getting more frustrated b the day.  It seemed like a Catch-2 involving two bureaucracies, and it was wearing her down.

This morning I took that bull by the horns, (metaphorically) and ran it in the squeeze chute.  In the space of two hours, I had it gentled and neutered, and it's ready for the slaughter pen.

I was not rude to anyone, but I was,,, assertive.  Bureaucrats exist to serve US, and occasionally they should be reminded of such.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's great. But it should be a common attitude when dealing with any person, especially retail clerks, salesmen, as well as every species of the g-man.

I run the likely conversation through my head several times before the actual encounter. This is so I myself am squared away and cut my chatter to the barest minimum required to convey my objective. Usually this evolves to me playing my part and theirs, directing them in their every move.

Think of each encounter as the opportunity to add another stripe to your sleeve. How well you did is measured in accomplishing your goal in the least amount of time. Blow them out of the sky, as it were. Yes, I am cynical, what gave it away?

Time now is 1432. Since 0800 I have spent the day working through hospital staff and admin on the behalf of a family member. The best part is winning for another person.

Rick

Old NFO said...

Congratulations! How many times did you have to use the shock stick? :-D