Sunday, March 31, 2019

Weekend Update

It's been a family weekend.  Yesterday, Belle's folks were over here and we had a blast.  Today, all o my kids were here under the same roof, a feat that occurs only occasionally, when the starts align and .... well, you understand.  We took the opportunity for a photo.

L-R: Joey, Michelle, PawPww, Matt, and Barrett.
They must have put me in a hole.
Today was a day for divestiture.  SIL Greg (Michelle's husband) told me several months ago that he wanted to make venison with my Sharps.  So, today I told him to take it and learn to shoot it.  I also sent along several dozen rounds of my reloads, both smokeess and black powder loads.  He'll figure it out.

Son Joey told me several months ago that when I was through messing around with my A2 carbine, he wanted to play with it, so I handed it over today.  It's an old-style with the carry handle, and I'm not so good with irons anymore, so I sent it home with him.

Son Barrett doesn't have one of my duty pistols yet,   He had been jonesing or a Glock .40 SW and I happened to have one in my holster unti I retired on Friday.  So, I passed along the Glock to him, along with several hundred rounds of ammo  Now, I'm out o the .40 SW business.  He's thrilled, and I'm down one caliber.

Each of my sons now has a handgun that I carried on duty.  Joey had the MOdel 60 Icarried in plainclothes, Matt has the SW M&P in .45 ACP that I carried for several years, and Barrett has my Glock 22.

This whole weekend was consumed by family, and it was very well spent.  Now, Belle ad I are enjoying a cocktail while the washing machine spins, and we'll have another before bed.  It's been a very good weekend, indeed.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Time with family is precious! Glad you got to enjoy it, and the boys will treasure those pistols/rifles!

Matt said...

Old NFO, spending time with my Pop is always treasured! Also, you can bet that those guns will be treasured (and shot) alot and for many years to come!