Saturday, March 09, 2019

Saturday Running-Around

Got up this morning to clean the range.  Earlier this week we had been making trophies for Louisiana State.  Sanding cypress to a nice finish to make plaques.  Sawdust everywhere.    Belle spent about four hours in there yesterday, and I spent a couple of hours in there this morning, but the trophies are 99% done.

Then, hosted a club meeting.  We shot for a while, prayed for a little while, and talked about the things necessary for a successful state championship.  One subject of contention was the inclement weather plan.  I didn't have one , so we put one together.  Rain is always a distinct possibility.

One club member was looking at her phone and told me that Harbor Freight had the 10ft X 20ft carports on sale.  These are used all across the CFDA for rain abatement.  Normally, they're $120.00, but today they're $90.00.  Helluva deal on ab absolutely essential picce of equipment.

After the meeting Belle ad I did some errand running, then went to Harbor Freight to see how many they had on hand.  Then we went home, I jumped in the truck and we high-tailed it over there.


We now own five (5) portable carports.  In the coming days, I'll make the modifications that the CFDA uses to put these things together.  We've learned that a club can make a few simple mods and mae these things really easy to erect.  A group o experienced CFDA shooters can put one up in about five minutes aft after the mods are made.

1 comment:

Termite said...

I should have ask you to pick one up for me for the EAA club, and show me how to mod it. We need one of those things maybe 2 or 3 times a year.