Monday, May 21, 2018

Uh, No. Just No

Anyway, I just wanted to drop you a line and let you know that I now actually do want to take your guns.
All of your guns.
Right now.
Uh, no, I don't think that's going to happen.
So now I’m angry. Now I’m finished trying to reason with you. So now I, a guy who was ambivalent about guns just a few years ago, want to take your guns away. All of them. I want to take them all and melt them down and shape them into a giant sphere and then push it at you so you have to run away from it like Indiana Jones for the rest of your lives. I want Ted Nugent to roam the halls of his gunless house, sighing wearily until he dies. I want to end this thing once and for all, so that all of you who have prioritized the sale of guns over the lives of children have to sit quietly and think about what you’ve done. God help me, I want to take all of your guns out of your hands, by myself, right now.
 We're tired of trying to reason with you too.  Gun control law after gun control law, each passed with the promise of concrete change, and when nothing changed, you wanted more gun control laws. 

Guns aren't the problem.  They're not the answer either.  The problem is disaffected youth who have a low threshold of violence.  And, the left has let this happen.    The anything-goes mentality has finally started to spawn its crop.   But, because you're unwilling to face the problem, unwilling to make the tough choices, you call for yet more gun control.  We've had gun control in this country since 1964 and still you call for more.  Guns aren't the problem. 

I  note, with some sense of irony, that all the mas-murderers lately have been Democrats.  Yet, I don't hear any calls for Democrat control. 

But, you want to take my guns.  You, personally.    It's laughable.

3 comments:

Jonathan H said...

it is always the people who least understand their subject who are most convinced they are right.

JimB said...

It's emotion. All emotion. People who can't or won't recognize the heart of the problem demand simple answers to a complex problem. It does nothing about the problem but it makes them temporarily feel good.

Murphy's Law said...

Please give him my address and tell him to come and take them.