Wednesday, May 02, 2018

So This Guy

So, this guy where I work told me that he has his father's "Army pistol".  The guy is about my age, so his Dad was probably serving in WWII or Korea.  He wants to shoot it, and wants me to give it a once-over to make sure that it is safe to fire.

We played question-and-answer, and I figured out it's probably a 1911, but he really  doesn't know.  According to the guy, his dad brought it home from the service, put it in a box, and it's stayed there for almost the last 70 years.

This guy isn't a gun guy, and the more I think about it, the pistol in question might be anything.  It' might be a 1911, or it might be a captured Mauser, or a Luger, or even a Broomhandle.

I told him to bring it to work tomorrow, and we'd take it out of the box and see what he has.  I'll make sure that it is safe to shoot, and make sure that he has the correct ammo.  Even if it's a GI .45, it will be cool to see.  I'll be sure to take some pictures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet it's a .25 or .32 revolver. I don't know why, I just do.

Old NFO said...

Please do!