Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Court

During the early part of my career, I spent a lot of time in a courtroom.  Many, many wasted hours sitting in a courtroom waiting to testify or waiting for something else to happen.  It seemed like at least once a week for 20 years, I'd put on a coat and tie and trot down to the courthouse to testify on one matter or another.

Then, I got my current gig, and although I arrest folks, I don't spend a lot of time in a courtroom.  Almost none.  I attribute my lack of courtroom time to the fact that I'm a very experienced cop, I understand what it takes to make a case, my reports are crystal clear, my narrative is sparkling, and after reading my report, the offender's guilt is undeniable.  They all must plead guilty, because I'm almost never called to court for testimony.

But today I had to testify on an unrelated, civil matter.  No reports, just tell the Judge what I know.  It came out good, and I came home and swapped the coat and tie for blue jeans and slippers.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

LOL, you have become the expert witness... :-)