Saturday, August 03, 2013

Saturday Sitting-Around

Two cups of coffee, and the morning paper.  I hear grandkids puttering around in the back of the house, and I know I'm going to have to get busy in a few minutes.  I've conned a teenaged grandkid into mowing the back yard in exchange for a ten-spot when he's finished.  I hear the push mower running now, and there's very little grass in that yard.  Birthday party later today, and we're expecting about 20 folks for the celebration.  PawPaw's cooking hamburgers at the request of the birthday boy, who is turning eleven.  PawPaw makes very good hamburgers. 

The weather-weenies tell me that the temps will be 97F this afternoon, and with the humidity stuck at 85%, it will feel like a balmy 110F.  Luckily, the barbeque area will be in shade by the time I fire off the pit, at about 5:00 p.m. local.  We'll eat about 6:00, with birthday cake to follow. 

PawPaw is expecting a small package today from the UPS guy.  The tracking site tells me that it's out-for-delivery.  Rifle bullets for this hunting season, along with spare turrets for the handgun press.  I want to set up the spare turrets for .45 ACP, .38 Special, and .44 Magnum.  No sense unscrewing dies when spare turrets are so cheap.

My biggest concern today is what I'm going to eat for lunch.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Good ideas all around, and the youngster could probably use the exercise! :-)