Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Hot

Warm today, but this is August.  A screen capture from the Weather Underground.  The official recording station is just a mile up the road, north of my little acre.


That's an official 99F, with a heat index of 106.  I finished my outdoor work today before noon and headed inside where I started digging around in the fridge for a noon-day snack.  I found some left-over chicken salad, with some left-over diced tomatoes, then looked some more and found some left-over taco shells and a small packet of guacamole in the cheese drawer.  Game on!  Chicken salad tacos for lunch.

It's hotter than a whatchacallit out there, and I don't intend to spend much time sitting on the veranda this afternoon.  Just not interested.  It is August, after all, and my Momma didn't raise any fools.

1 comment:

MSgt B said...

Tell me about it.

I was down in Mobile for a couple days. I had to spend Tuesday at a chemical plant, so I had to wear fire-retardant coveralls over my regular work clothes.

I lost about 7 pounds.