Wednesday, August 07, 2013

New Phones

Like many Americans, Milady and I have a Verizon plan, and we went into Best Buy yesterday to see what's up.  For the past two years, I had been using a Blackberry phone and wasn't really impressed with it.  Aggravated by it, but not impressed.  Milady had been using a Samsung slider, but didn't like the speed of the device.  She's an RN and wanted the ability to access data a whole lot faster than she could with her old phone.

We walked out an hour later with two new Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphones.  I've been tinkering with mine a little bit, and the learning curve is steep.  I'll get the hang of it, but this thing has a lot of bells and whistles.  I doubt I'll ever use 10% of it.  We wanted to get cases for the phone, but the very helpful lady at the store told us "sshhh.  Amazon.", so I'm about to order some Otterbox cases, as soon as Milady decides on a color.

Here we go again.  Zoom, zoom.

4 comments:

Prairie Patriot said...

I use mine for work quite a bit, but you know what? There's something to be said for simplicity. It would be nice to just have a mobile phone that was just that: a mobile phone, and nothing else.

Melissa said...

I got Best Buy to price match the Otterbox price from Amazon and then immediately got what I needed from the store. Best Buy: $89.99. Amazon:$59.99.

Pawpaw said...

You done good, Melissa, but Best Buy didn't have the colors or selection. I clicked the Order button this morning and they'll be here next week. It's all good.

Matt said...

Hey pawpaw, that's a good phone. Misty has one if you have any questions about it.