Thursday, August 22, 2013

My Deer Stand

Fooling about on Google Maps today, I decided to go look at my deer stand.  When I cobbled that stand together, I put a roof on it made of green corrugated panels made of fiberglass.  They've held up well over the years and I think that they make a dandy roof for my stand.

I hunt land in LaSalle parish, LA, and I doubt that the landsat satellites take much interest in it.  However, I scrolled my way over to the lease today and looked at the pipeline, and I was amazed that I can see my deer stand from the satellite view.

 You can click on the picture for a larger view, but the four little green pixels at the end of that thumbtack is the green fiberglass roof of my deer stand.  Ain't that cool?

Here's the view out the window of the stand.  In another few weeks I'll get up there and start preparing for the upcoming season.

That's one of my favorite places on God's green earth.  And, you can see it from space.

4 comments:

Mo said...

That is pretty cool. I do enjoy this fancy technology but it is a little spooky what the political elite can do to us with it. Everyone from the tax man to the dude flying the drone...

Good luck this season!

Sdv1949 said...

I use Google satellite view and their "ruler" function to measure shooting distances where I hunt.

It's all good!

Anonymous said...

Looking out your window I smell the tang of pine and hear the quietness of a gentle breeze. I am suffering from the fever of waiting for opening day. Thanks for the photo.
Fred

Old NFO said...

Nice!!! I miss that part of the country!