Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wednesday afternoon

Retrainer continues. Yesterday we were issued our new pistols, got a quick lesson on how to disassemble them for cleaning and got to shoot a box of ammo on the range to familiarize with the specific operating characteristics of the weapon. It's a SW M&P 45 cal. It seems like a good firearm but I haven't fired it enough to form an opinion.

Today was unarmed self-defense. Batons, handcuffing, take-down techniques. Today was relatively painless.

Tomorrow we do some more familiarization on the new firearms then we'll qualify for record. The weatherman is calling for temps of 96F with a heat index of 107. I'll have a cooler filled with ice and bottled water. It'll be fun.

I need to clean that firearm some time tonight and get my gear ready for the range tomorrow. There's very little to get ready as most of it I carry on-duty anyway.

I guess I'll head on over to Instapundit and Hot Air and check the news.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

I'll be interested to know where it shoots for you. I've tried one with all three palm swells and STILL got an NPOA of 1:30 (high right)

Pawpaw said...

Good question, and I wished that I could answer it for you. At 25 yards it seems to shoot (230 grain WWB) about three inches high. BUT, and this is a big BUT, that's only after fifty rounds of ammo and me learning the new trigger. I shoot double action revolvers okay, but I've never tried a crunchenticker pistol. Never fired a Glock in my life. I think most of my aiming problems are trigger control.

After I've put a couple of hundred rounds through it, I'll know more about it.