Thursday, June 11, 2009

Savagery in South Dakota

That's the name of the article in Field and Stream by Dave Petzal, where he talks about the Savage Model 12 they recently let him try out. He's imressed. Regular readers here know that I'm a huge fan of Savage rifles and believe that any shooter is well served with the appropriate Savage. Then we come to this line:
Savage has equipped the Model 12 (etc.) with an H-S Precision synthetic stock, and a Target Accu-Trigger which adjusts from 6 ounces to 2.5 pounds.
Well, damn! H-S Precision is the deal-breaker for me. I won't have anything to do with them. If they make the most accurate stocks in the world, I'll just have to make-do with second best. If you want to know what I have against them, Google Lon Horiuchi and do your research.

I'd fire off an outraged email, but Savage doesn't accept emails. I guess I'll have to write them a harshly worded letter.

Anything but H-S Precision.

4 comments:

Buffboy said...

I personally find it discomforting that we conservatives rail against companies/politicians/agencies/media that follow the practice of political correctness above all else. Then we boycott companies that don't use the practice and hit a hot button of ours. There doesn't seem to be a way to win. There was/is no apology from H-S that would have been accepted by us. They must pay.

H-S didn't pull the trigger on Weaver but we are acting like they did. Lon did. Lon is paying no price in this. H-S asked the former procurement/testing head of the nation's top federal law enforcement agency for an endorsement of their product after winning a contract to replace their sniper rifles. They got it. Turns out, it was the same person that shot Vicki, so they pay the price for not following the politically correct rules.

We have become what we hate.

Pawpaw said...

No, Buff, I disagree. It has nothing at all to do with political correctness, it's all about character and refusing to do business with someone who has no honor. Lon Horiuchi has no honor.

If I were the president of H-S Precision, as soon as I found out that Horiuchi was the guy I'd have to do business with, I'd call his boss and say "I'm not going to do business with that SOB, and I don't want him on my property or to use my product." H-S Precision didn't do that. They quibbled.

Screw 'em. I'm not going to do business with people who have no honor, and cannot be shamed.

J said...

I'm wondering if H-S knew the full story on Horiuchi when they hired him.

Windy Wilson said...

How could they not know? It WAS in all the papers. Somebody kept his mouth shut to hire a friend.

It is about character. Dillinger offered to endorse Ford automobiles, and Clyde Barrow really liked the BAR over the Thompson, but those manufacturers had the good sense and character to not take those endorsements.