Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday afternoon

Milady and I slipped off alone last night. Yesterday was our anniversary and we wanted to spend it without grandkids, or telephones, or worrying about any darned thing.

On the way home today we stopped at the Wal-Mart in Marksville, LA to pick up a few items. As is my wont, I stopped by the sporting goods counter to inquire about .22LR. At the two Wal-Mart stores I frequent, there hasn't been any steady supply of .22LR for months. I asked at the store in Marksville and the counter guy said "Yeah. We've got plenty of rimfire. What type are you looking for?" I bought a Federal bulk pack of .22 LR and a box of .17HMR, CCI, 17 grain hollow points. My rifle really likes those.

We're back home now and the heat sensing device on the porch tells me that it's on the high side of 95F out there. I think I'm going to sit in the recliner until almost dark. Tomorrow is early enough to begin the chores for the week.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Happy Anniversery!

Melissa said...

Happy anniversary from us too!

Flintlock Tom said...

Happy Anniversary, and many more.

This year is 29 for us and I couldn't be happier.