Monday, October 28, 2024

Optimum Sucks

We use Optimum for our TV and internet.  Originally Cox Communications, they sold out to SuddenLink, who sold out to Optimum.  At least in our area, they are the only game in town. 

They suck at what they do.  When things are working, it works great, but their service staff has issues that are the bane of their customers.  Earlier in October, they switched over from analog to digital for basic cable services and caused monumental problems in the area.  The old analog was working fire, you understand, but they wanted to swap over to digital.

This morning, grandson comes in from work and tells me that there is a wire down in the driveway.  I went out to check, and he was correct.

Well, technically, it's not down yet, but it is hanging pretty low.  So, I called Optimum and spoke with Bobby from Mumbai.  He scheduled me anappointment for a tech tostop by on November 1st, between 5 and 8 pm.

So, I got in the van and went to the local store, who told me that there was absolutely nothing they could do to help me, but they did give me a card and told me to call a number.  Bobby again, from Mumbai.

It's Monday, we have a wire down, and Bobby can't get anyone here until Friday.  That is horrible customer service.  Which is why Optimum sucks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems to me like all cable companies are having trouble with this, more so than phone companies.
I wonder if it's an issue if too few staff, or of equipment old enough or exposed enough to need more attention.
Jonathan

Sailorcurt said...

Sounds like you need to give Elon a call. I'm sure Starlink isn't the cure to all ills, but it's gotta be better than that.

Sailorcurt said...

Interestingly, the internet service (and associated customer service) is MUCH better in our rural getaway in the mountains 20 miles from the nearest "civilization" than it is at our main home in the city.

Go figure.