Tuesday, October 08, 2024

Cable Woes

 Around here, Optimum is our cable service provider.  They are indeed the only choice if you want cable TV.

Belle watches TV, keeps a set on in the bedroom all night.  It's white noise.  This morning at 1:00 a.m., the cable went out.  No biggie, just a distraction.  When I awoke this morning, I started going through all the diagnostics and resetting everything.  I got the tech guy on the phone and he went through his diagnostics.  After half an hour on the phone, I was told that my cable boxes went out and that I had to go to their store to get new ones.  So, I yanked out the boxes and went to the store.

When I got there, the place was slammed. Full of irate customers.  Turns out, they scrambled all the channels this morning at 1:00 and switched systems.  After an hour waiting in line, I finally got to the desk and got two new cable boxes that were exactly like the old cable boxes.  And a new channel guide sheet.  Belle's favorite channels have all changed spots and she is going to have to keep those sheets close for a bit until the memorizes her favorites.

So, my day is shot because Optimum thought it would be hilarious to screw with everyone's channel lineup.  They are cocksuckers, I tell you, cocksuckers.

No comments: