Monday, April 15, 2024

Traveling

 One of the things that Bele and I like about traveling is finding small restaurants that the locals use in cities we travel through.  Like El Tucan in DeQuincy, LA.  Or Elijah's in Jasper, TX.   Or, the Amarillo Grill in Bowie, TX.  Then there is the grocery in Concordia, MO that makes the pork tenderloin sandwich.  These places are special to us, and today, we found another.

Sonny's BBQ in Brandon, MS is the newest on the list. We pulled in there today, fresh from the Interstate, and we were famished.  Belle had the brisket sandwich, and claimed it was excellent.  I had the Three-Way plate, which was ribs, pulled pork and sliced pork with beans and slaw.  The sliced pork was probably the finest rendition of southern BBQ I have every put in my mouth.

Brandon is about 15 miles east of Jackson on I-20.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Ohhh, adding that one to my list. I like Sonny's BBQ.

Anonymous said...

Sonny's is not a small local restaurant. It is a massive, nationwide, chain. Not as large as it used to be, but still cook-by-numbers, by from Sysco, chainery.

Anonymous said...

We have a Sonny's BBQ here on Hwy 61 Baton Rouge, I wonder if it's a chain. Bob in B.R.