Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Is This Really The Ultimate Carry J-Frame?

Scrolling through my YouTube feed this morning, we find this video from Lucky Gunner.  Evidently, Lipsey's has talked Smith and Wesson into coming out with a new carry J-frame.  It can be had in either .38 Special or in .32 H&R Magnum.  As it turns out, I have a wicked fondness for J-frame revolvers, and Belle has a wicked fondness for the .32 caliber .  He father taught her to shoot with a .32 revolver, and she thinks it is the bees knees.

She owns three.  A Colt Police Positive, a Charter Arms Professional, and a Smith Model 30. 

Lucky Gunner makes the argument, below, that the .32 is eminently suitable as a defensive carry round.  Others may disagree. As in all handgun calibers, shot placement is king. When friends get serious with the questions, I simply remind then that Belle is a top competitor in a revolver game where shot placement is king.  She has won money, at last count, in Georgia, Texas, and Louisiana.

All that having been said, I see that Lipsey's has commissioned a bunch of really nice J-frames in .32.  Just about the time I think that the .32 is as dead as Kristi's dog, someone else brings out a new revolver chambered for the old cartridge.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The .32 magnum is just a modern version of the old .32-20, which used to be available in a higher pressure loading. In a rifle it was the equal of the.30 carbine.

Anonymous said...

Oh man I like that. I have two snubbies, a Taurus 941UL in .22 Magnum and a standard Charter Arms Gen. I Undercover in (whatelse) .38 Spcl.

That little guy appears to be very nice !

Anonymous said...

I have a 686 and a model 60 that I sometimes pocket carry in the winter.
That 60's a little snappy to shoot, but good Lord does that 357 make itself known at the range! I can't imagine being on the other end of it... Ballistics and physics are what they are, but I'll stay north of 9mm all the same.
The 2nd biggest reason I wouldn't want somethin like a .32 is availability and price of ammo.

Anonymous said...

How have you all liked the Charter Arms .32?

marlin450 said...

Have several 327 federal magnum revolvers and carry a Ruger LCR in 327, love the fact that guns chambered for 327 will also fire 32 Smith and H&R 32 magnum.