Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Grammy's Lemon Icebox Pie

When I was a mere stripling youth, my paternal grandmother made a lemon icebox pie that is simplicity itself.  She claimed that she got the recipe from a can, but she never told me what can.  But, I ate a bunch of this pie over the years.  It was a staple around her Sunday table.

Grammy's Lemon Icebox Pie

Ingredients:
2 cans (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1 can (12 oz) frozen lemonade concentrate
2 tubs (8 oz) ready-made whipped topping (Cool Whip)
2 store-bought graham cracker crusts

Instructions:
In a big bowl, mix sweetened condensed mild, lemonade concentrate, and whipped topping.  Mix until smooth.  Divide mixture into the two graham cracker crusts.  Chill until firm.

Seriously.  Mix, freeze and eat.  There is nothing to this pie, and it's a crowd-pleaser, which is why it makes two pies.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Oh... I remember those. A summertime treat for us!

BobF said...

Oh, memories. My mother used to make this, but I haven't thought about it in years. Thanks for the recipe. Though I'm not sure it is what she used back then, it sounds like a winner. Added to my shopping list.

And what's the word from boot camp?