Sunday, September 24, 2017

September Shoot

The Cross Branded Peacemakers held their September shoot at the backyard range at Major D's place.  We opened a four-lane range and held a 3X match, using the Nevada 8 format.  After you've lost three rounds, you have three Xs and you can go sit down.  You're done.

The Nevada 8 is an interesting format that is becoming more familiar as clubs adopt it.  It's nominally a five-shot match, and as in all CFDA matches, three winning shots wins.  But, in the Nevada 8, whoever is ahead after five shots wins it.  If the shooters are ties after five shots, then they have three additional shots to break the tie.  If, after 8 shots they are still tied, then both shooters get an X.   I've been shooting this format for a year, and in that time I've only seen one match where two Xs were awarded.

We started shooting at 4:00 pm and were finished by 6:00.

L-R Squirrel Girl, Blue Eyed Bele

L-R Cajun Greg, Gator, Maor D, Akarate Zach, and Big Bill.
We didn't stress pure CFDA attire at this shoot, we bowed to the weather.    Even though we're a club affiliated with the CFDA, we're a church club first and foremost.

From the comments I received, it appears that folks like this venue.  My back yard is my little slice of heaven and I try to make it as comfortable as the weather allows.  I have plenty of shade awnings, a nice big fan, and readily available restroom facilities.

I think we;ll shoot there until we get a bigger, more permanent venue.  And that is inn the plans.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

I see smiles, so I'm guessing fun was had! :-D