Friday, September 29, 2017

Friday Thoughts

I wonder how many NFL players are going to kneel this weekend.? Not that I care, just wondering.  I won't be watching.  It seems that one NFL player has told fans that if they're upset, just don't come to the game.  It will be interesting to see how many people take his advice.  Insty says that NFL ticket sales are down.  That sounds about right to me.

This week, the bullshit has been intense, but I'm an old hand at bureaucratic nonsense. Just let it slide off.  It's Friday and I get to go home, spend Happy Hour with my favorite gal, and watch the sun set.   As the old comedy show advised, "that was the week that was, it's over let it go."

Tomorrow, I plan to get into a gunfight, or at least practice at gunfighting.  The guns are cleaned, the ammo is loaded, and the weekend is upon me. 

1 comment:

Steve Sky said...

If they really want to turn away the fans, this will do it:

A new report from The Armstrong and Getty Radio Show has sent shockwaves throughout the sports world after it was claimed that members of the NFL’s Oakland Raiders may have purposefully allowed their star quarterback to get sacked multiple times after he refused to kneel during the National Anthem.

If true, this would essentially mean that an NFL football game was illegally thrown over anger that one of the teams star white players did not believe that kneeling during the nation’s anthem was the correct way to protest supposed racial injustice in America.

In other words, an epic level scandal.

link


H/T voxday