Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Court

Court is the bane of every police officer.  Over the years I've spent countless hours in a courtroom, testifying to one thing or another.  Court is not where we make our living, but it is where justice is served and we have to be there to testify as to the actions of ourselves or others.

Since I've been a school resource officer, I've spent very little time in court.

Tomorrow, I have to be in Court in Natchitoches, LA, to perfect the record on a case that was settled in 1999.  These things happen sometimes, and I have to testify not to my actions, but to the record.  So, I've refreshed my memory of the record and gone back through lots of old memories of that particular case.

I won't be in uniform.  Back in the past century, I wore plain clothes, and m current agency has nothing to do with this particular case, so I"ll put on a coat and tie.

Hopefully tomorrow, I can put this particular case to bed forever.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

18 years? Wow... Hopefully this DOES put an end to it.