Friday, July 11, 2014

Brenda Potatoes

A simple little recipe, taught to my by my good friend, Brenda, who I met in college.  She and my first wife were classmates, and Brenda spent a lot of time hanging out in our circle of friends.  I count Brenda as one of those friend that lasts forever, and I am eternally grateful for many lessons of life, including this potato recipe.

Brenda Potatoes

Margarine
Potatoes
Onion
Cheese
Salt
Pepper

Wash those potatoes and cut them into circles.  Cut an onion and separate it into rings.  For this recipe, I used 6 red potatoes and about a half a big yellow onion.

Assembly:

In a casserole dish, coat it with margarine or butter, then layer potatoes, onions, and cheese.  Salt  and pepper to taste.  When the dish is full, you're done.  You can dramatically increase the size with no problem.  Just put margarine all over your dish, and layer onions, potatoes and cheese.  Salt and pepper to taste.

Bake in a 350 oven for an hour.  It's done when the potatoes are fork-tender.  I always let it rest for about 10 minutes between oven and serving, and I sprinkle more cheese on it while it's resting.

Isn't that easy?  I knew you'd like it.

Thanks, Brenda.

No comments: