Saturday, March 29, 2014

Tile Job

Milady bought some tile last week.  She got tired of the linoleum in the guest bath and wanted to upgrade just a little bit.  Luckily, her son (and my stepson) is a floor installer, by trade.  Milady corralled him into doing the installation, but he insisted that I do the trim work ('cause he ain't a carpenter).  Stepson brought Grandson along as a helper, and to start learning the craft.  The boy will probably never be a floor-installer, but it never hurts to learn as many building crafts as you can.  You never know when you'll want to tile a floor.

I have one more piece of quarter-round to tack in.  It's been painted and it's drying.  I'll tack it this afternoon and this job will be done.  I think it looks good, and Milady is really pleased with it.

3 comments:

BobF said...

Even if grandson doesn't learn the craft, I'll bet he will develop a tool vocabulary that will serve him well. I am ever thankful for my father having me do many things that taught me the names of tools, their purpose, and how to use many of them. I tried to do the same for my 3 sons.

Matt said...

When my father was working with tools I was usually out there with him. I learned another "vocabulary". Love ya pawpaw!

Old NFO said...

Very nice!