Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Protective Vest - II

Last week I talked about protective vest systems, and yesterday I did a little online research.  Then, during my break, I headed over to our local cop shop and talked with the good people there.  They fitted me with a Blauer Armorskin Vest and showed me how the system works.  I like the system, so we talked about it some more, and the told me that the Sheriff had approved it for uniform compliance, so I contracted for one, with a couple of the base shirts.  While you can wear the vest carrier over the uniform shirt, I really like the base shirt, as it's made in a way that everything sticking out looks like a class A uniform shirt, but underneath it is a cool-mesh type of fabric.  Hot Louisiana summers are tough on old fat men wearing vests, so anything I can do to be a little cooler will be a big help.

Of course, the cop shop is going to put on patches and piping, to make it visually resemble the uniform shirt that we wear.  I should be able to pick it up next Monday, and after I've worn it a little while I'll give a full review.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Neat idea, but the proof will be in the wearing...