Saturday, March 08, 2014

Spring Forward

Yep, it's time to set your clocks ahead, officially at 2:00 am tomorrow morning, in our bi-annual convulsion known as Daylight Savings Time.  You can read all the history at the link, and I'm sure that  many of us remember when it became standard, in our lifetimes, to set the clock forward during the warmer months to save electricity on incandescent lighting.

That argument makes about as much sense as selling a buggy-whip with a new car.  Our lives have changed so much in the past 30 years that I'm not convinced that Daylight Time makes any sense at all, but it's something we do simply out of habit, like Halloween or Memorial Day.  It's simply something we do.

The only ones of us who still set our clocks at 2:00 a.m. are the folks actually working, and it's subject to claim if those folks actually have to set our clocks.  The clock on my cell phone and the clock on the computer will change automatically.  I'll have to set my watch, and the clocks on the stove, microwave, and the clocks in the cars.  Oh, and the alarm clock so that I won't be late for church tomorrow.

Don't forget to set your clocks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The clock on my new truck will again be correct after tomorrow.

Had to get a new computer pawpaw.

Ben