Saturday, February 15, 2014

Meme - Carry Gun

My son wants to talk about carry guns.

Okay, I'm an old-fashioned guy and I prefer a simple pocket pistol, tucked into my pocket.  My standard has been the Smith and Wesson J-Frame, in .38 Special.   A couple of years ago I gave away my Model 60 and opted instead for a Model 38.
It rides in my pocket constantly.  If my pants are on, this little gun is in my pocket.  I do have holsters for it and I had to use a holster last summer when I qualified on the Louisiana POST course with the little revolver, but this little gem slips so easily into jeans, or slacks that having a holster is almost redundant.  And, it is hard to say it's not concealed when it is completely in the pocket.

Milady, on the other hand, is a fan of the .32 caliber, specifiically the .32 SW Long.  She had me cast about for a nice .32 revolver so I found her a nice used Colt Pocket Positive last year.  I looked around and found that Buffalo Bore makes self-defense ammo for that caliber, so I bought her a couple of boxes.and I feel that she's reasonably armed with the little gun.  She shoots it well and it goes everywhere with her.


Those are our daily carry guns.  What do you carry?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

S&W Shield in .40

The Displaced Louisiana Guy said...

thanks for the link, pop!

Sdv1949 said...

RIA 1911 Tactical II in 38 Super, Sig P238 as backup.

Anonymous said...

I have moved around some but now
generally carry an M38 with
Uncle Mike's rubber grips.
Usually in a pocket in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster.
It's in my vest pocket as I
write this.

Ed Jones said...

S&W 642 or Ruger LC9 in the pocket.

Anonymous said...

Ruger LCR in .357

zdogk9 said...

Ruger SP 101,

Rivrdog said...

Charter Arms 44 Special Bulldog, loading Blazer "Flying Ashtray" 200grJHP that chronos 1004* I've also recently carried a Walther PP in 380 and a Kel-Tec P11 in Nine. I've got a Remington R51 on order.

It all depends on the mood I'm in...

* this round recommended by the Training Division of my LEOSA Sheriff. If the Sheriff recommends it, and I have to use it, it will be nice to have the SO say that to the Grand Jury

Gerry N. said...

Star B 9mm Parabellum. 125gr. hollow point handloads. Very easy to shoot and quite accurate. Not bad for a pistol made in 1938. I paid $59.95 for it on my 03 C&R license a few years ago.

Gerry N.

JPG said...

In my first five years with a badge, I had to carry a revolver on duty. For the next three-plus decades, as investigator for prosecutors and a sheriff, my daily wear was some 1911 variant, mostly a Commander. Several years after retirement I resigned my reserve status and went to a small handgun for daily carry, almost always an alloy-framed .38 revolver. I started with S&W models 37 and most recently a 642. An old Colt Cobra and an Agent occasionally emerge from the safe. I use Buffalo Bore 158 gr loads in all of these.

Perhaps strangely, my bride is usually heavier-gunned than I. She mostly belt carries a Colt Officers ACP .45 LW but sometimes a high cap 9mm. She seldom carries extra ammo, but I always have a Speed Strip and/or speed loader in a pocket.

precision270 said...

Glock 22 in a Serpa II holster is the most common carry weapon for me. When I am working at my new job, it is a P3AT in a belly band. I would usually carry that in my pocket (with holster), but my new job is too much bending and moving so the belly band is simpler if more difficult to access.

Not sure how fond the boss is of guns / employee carry so...

Old NFO said...

Kahr P9 and/or a Colt Agent or Colt Mustang in the pocket.

Retired Spook said...

Kimber Pro Carry, or a full-size Kimber, depending on time of year. I can conceal a full-sized 1911 better than a 2" .38 Spec. And, as a bonus, it's .45!

Been shooting a 1911 since I was 8 years old, starting with the one Grandpa "borrowed" from the U.S. Army in 1919. Don't know if it fits me, or I fit it, but it works.