Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Fourteen Hours

Fourteen hours today in my boots, I just came in and hung the duty belt on it's hook in the washroom.  Made a couple of fried egg sammiches on toast.  Poured a stiff drink.  Long hours today; not bad ones, but long ones. In just a few minutes, I'm going to lay my sorry butt down.  I spent the last couple of hours exploring the mysteries of the vehicle code.  There has been some changes since I worked the road, and I've got to get them in my head.  But, reading the vehicle code is like reading Sanskrit.  The legislators in this state need to re-write the whole thing.

We'll do it all over again in ten hours, and see if we can't do it better tomorrow.

1 comment:

Gerry N. said...

Gee Whiz, Paw Paw

You actually READ the vehicle code?

The local LEO's around here seem just to make it up out of whole cloth. I have gotten some weird tickets and have always had them dismissed in night court 'cause the officer who made the offense up can't be bothered to show up. I wonder if I can be reimbursed for travel and my time to fight these imaginary offenses in court?

The next time I'm hiring a Mouthpiece to find out.