Thursday, April 05, 2012

Yet Another Reason

No less a personage than Glenn Reynolds gives a reason why the Department of Homeland Security should be abolished. In an article he links to, we find:
Our homeland will not be secure by these rascals. They played agency games, abused the people they are to serve, and violated their oaths to support the Constitution.”
Don't get me wrong, I love cops. I've been a cop for thirty years and I think that law enforcement is a high calling, like nursing and teaching. I think that law enforcement has forgotten that our highest obligation is to serve the people, to help people who need our help. From what I've seen of Homeland Security, they've certainly forgotten that imperative, if in fact they ever learned it.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

DHS is NOT law enforcement... it's a CF in spades!