Sunday, April 08, 2012

Dwight's Conversion

Back in the old days of the intertubes, there was a forum, Kim duToit's Nation of Riflemen and a bunch of us hung out over there. One of the posters was a guy named Dwight, and yesterday I checked my email and found that he's looking for capital for a new project, a conversion that turns a 1911 .45 ACP into a .22 LR with only two parts. The barrel and the magazine.

He's got a You Tube video and it looks like it works. Looks like it works good.



That's the damndest little kit I've ever seen and if he could manufacture them, he'd make a killing. If I were Dwight,I'd contact someone like Choate Machine & Tools and see if they'd be interested in working out an agreement. You regular readers look at the video and then, in comments, give me some ideas that I can give to Dwight.

2 comments:

Gerry N. said...

I would really like to have a conversion like that for my Star B.

9mm is fairly cheap, but not as cheap as .22lr.

Gerry N.

drjim said...

Amazing!
I've got the Kimber conversion for my Custom TLE, and you swap the entire upper out, just like he says.
To swap out ONLY the barrel and the mag....well....that's just downright COOL!