Thursday, July 07, 2011

Sunburn

Grandson Zachary (8 years old) came over today to hang out with me. When he got here, I was at my loading bench, making cast bullet loads for my .30-30. I was at the bullet seating stage and tired of pulling the handle on the press, so he got a stool and helped me seat bullets. Then I taught him how to run a Factory Crimp Die, which is indispensable for cast bullets.

Afterwards, he wanted to go swimming, so he put on his swimsuit then complained "PawPaw, you never swim with me."

"Oh, really," I exclaimed. "Stand by." I found a swimming suit and got into the pool with him. We had a hell of a time until lunch, when we changed and headed for McDonalds. After lunch we came back to the house and he played in the back room while I snored in my recliner. I had intended to take those cast-bullet loads to the range today and run a series over the chronograph, but I'll get that done tomorrow.

The one problem is that this tee-shirt feels a little scratchy on my back. I believe PawPaw might have a sunburn on his shoulders. Serves me right for swimming without a tee-shirt. I'll have Milady put some lotion on my shoulders later.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Hehehe- Sounds like y'all had fun, AND you got a nap in, that ain't bad :-)