Monday, July 18, 2011

Hanoi Jane

I understand that Hanoi Jane is upset because we hate her. Why do we hate her? Simply because she gave aid and comfort to an enemy that we were actively engaged with in the field.

There are two schools of thought on this matter. One school of thought is that she was simply caught up in a youthful indiscretion. The second school is that she's a closet communist who propagandized on behalf of an enemy with whom we were in active combat. That she actively assisted an enemy of the United States, that she failed to assist American POWs when she had an opportunity and that she lied about those POWs to further a political agenda.

Personally I am convinced that she adhered to an enemy, giving them Aid and Comfort, all in accordance with Article 3, Section 3 of our Constitution. There is no statute of limitations on Treason and she should be taken into custody, convicted on the testimony of two witnesses and executed. The infamous photograph of her seated at a North Vietmamese aircraft gun should be the first exhibit filed into evidence.

Now she's upset because we hate her. The latest outrage is that QVC cancelled an apperarance. Too bad, Jane. You started it. It may have been fashionable in the '60s to give Aid and Comfort to an enemy, but that doesn't mean that you don't have to pay the price for doing so. At the very least, you've had the rest of your life to atone for your sins. Many of those serivicemen didn't.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know we are not to make judgement but I hope she burns in hell for what she did to our brave men that were in the Hanoi Hilton. While she has a right to not agree with the war that we were fighting I too feel that she she should be charge and convicted of treason. She is and will always be a closet communist who propagandized on behalf of an enemy in my mind. I wouldn't give .01 cent to see a movie of hers or meet her in person. You make your bed in life and then you have to lay in it.....

Old NFO said...

I agree with Anon... because if I tried to write how I feel, I'd need to use four letter words...

Rivrdog said...

I feel we should thank QVC for their discretion in cancelling Hanoi Jane's appearance.

Fortunately, I don't have to work too hard to express my thanks, I just hand the gudwife the TV remote...