Sunday, September 26, 2010

Silly Politics

My good friend Jerome Scott is the mayor of Pollock, LA.  This afternoon he hosted a reception for Governor Bobby Jindal.  The Governor was in town to announce some infrastructure grants for Grant Parish, LA and have a meet-and-greet session with the local folks.  I'm not a Grant Parish resident, but I got invited, so I put on a coat and tie and showed up.

It's no secret that Milady is no Bobby Jindal fan.  She and he are miles apart politically, and she once worked for him when he was head of DHH in Louisiana.  To say that she dislikes him is understatement.   So, like a dutiful husband, I worked around and asked the Governor if he'd indulge me for a photo.  Of course, he was happy to do so.


There's PawPaw, Governor Jindal, and Milady in a Sunday afternoon reception.

When I was setting up this photo, I happened to speak with a state trooper, a guy I know who was on the detail today.  "I'm going to try and get a photo with my wife and the governor.  She doesn't like him much, so I hope she doesn't kidney punch him."
"Tell her if she does," the trooper said, "she'll learn all about Tazers."

She didn't, thankfully, and the event was a success.  I know that Bobby showed a lot of leadership during the recent BP disaster and I think that he's good for Louisiana right now.  The residents of Grant Parish got a needed boost for things like waste-water treatment, and Bobby got his picture taken with a lot of good folks.  It was a win-win for everyone.

1 comment:

J said...

Jindal didn't watch the Saints game????