Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Bourbon Street

When I go to New Orleans, I don't spend much time on Bourbon Street, unless it's crossing to get to another location. While Bourbon is an iconic location, the seediness just doesn't do anything for me. I don't mind seedy, but Bourbon Street takes it to a whole 'nuther level.

However, our brother-in-law wanted to get a drink at the Old Absinthe House, the site of Jean Lafitte's bar on Bourbon Street, so we wandered down there to get a drink. Absinthe is a green liquor that tastes like licorice. While it's not my preferred drink, they also pour bourbon whiskey, so that's what I had.



As we wandered the street with the drink in our hands, we stopped to watch a street magician. Of course, my camera tended to focus on young lovelies and somehow this lady got caught in the lens.



Before long, the crowd got too thick for our tastes, so we walked toward Jackson Square before heading back to the hotel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good taste!

Mulligan said...

good eye