Tuesday, September 14, 2010

In the Mail

In the mail yesterday I found some bullets from a poster at a gun forum, for the life of me I can't remember his login name, but he lives in Mount Hope, AL. I don't use real names here unless I have permission, so you'll understand if I don't name him.

They're cast lead, .45 caliber 185 grain truncated cone bullets. I happened to mention on that forum that I was thinking of trying some, so he emailed me and said he'd drop a double-handful in a USPS box and send them on. They're good looking bullets, with one grease groove and they've been tumble lubed.

No, I haven't weighed or measured them. I'm going to load them with Bullseye and try them next week. I've got to be at the range anyway, so I'll take the opportunity to try them out.

To my friend in Mount Hope, many thanks. I'll let you know how they shoot.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Heh- Ask and you will receive... :-) Enjoy the range time!

Retired Spook said...

Dennis, those are 230 gr. TC bullets, not 185 (actually they weigh about 238 gr. when cast from wheelweights). Sorry for the confusion!

Pawpaw said...

OH, well, that means I can use the same recipe I've always used. BONUS! Thanks again. I didn't weigh them, and just assumed they were 185s.