Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Reloder 15

Continuing the reviews of rifle powders I like, we come to Reloder 15, again distributed by Alliant Powder.

Reloder 15 is a medium rifle powder with a broad range of applications, but it is truly superb in the .308 Winchester. So superb that the US Army selected it as the powder for their M118 special ball long range sniper round.



I began using it in .308 Winchester, but since learned that it's a good powder for .30-30 Winchester and .223 Remington. It meters like water through my Lyman 55 powder measure and gives very consistent velocity. I suspect that it would give good service in ammo that uses the .308 family of cartridge brass, like the .243 Winchester and the .260 Remington.

Reloder 15 is the preferred powder for my son's Savage 10 FLP, heavy barreled target rifle, turning in great accuracy with 168 grain Sierra MatchKing bullets.

If you're looking for a medium rifle powder with a great reputation, it's hard to do much better than this one.

1 comment:

JPG said...

"Broad range of applications"? I should say so. Re15 works not only in the middle-sized .30 cartridges and the lil' .223, but in a couple of the larger ones: .375 H&H with 250 thru 300 gr. bullets and .35 Whelen with 180 thru 250 bullets.

On your say-so, I'll also try it in .30-30 with 150 bullets.