Monday, May 04, 2009

Monday ramblings

I took the Savage 110 to the gunsmith today to install a recoil pad. He runs a little shop on Main Street in Pineville, called Sportsman's Paradise. It's a little shop attached to a wrought-iron blacksmithy and he's got all the tools that you'd normally find in a gun shop. Lathes, mills, drills, bench grinders, just walking into that place makes me want to stop for a few minutes and chew the fat.

I've let him do a half-dozen recoil pads and he's always done a magnificent job. I don't buy a gun nowadays that I don't make sure it's got a good recoil pad. It's cheap insurance against a lot of things.

On the other hand, when I try to install a recoil pad, it looks like I used an axe and chainsaw to do the job. I don't have the tools and jigs and sanders and it's easier to pay him to do the work than it is to learn to do it myself. Besides, if I use him enough and more folks use him enough, he'll stay in business.

Everybody needs a good gunsmith. If you need a gunsmith in Central Louisiana, use Sportsman's Paradise.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Thanks, IF I ever get back home, I'll be happy to patronize him!