Friday, March 29, 2024

Good Friday

This is the weekend when Christians celebrate the holies day in the Christian calendar.  The day when many prophies became facts and Jesus demonstrated his dominion over death.

As such, Belle and I are prepping for a weekend of celebration, with family. It's a joyous event.  Tomorrow we host her siblings, and on Sunday, my side of the family.  Of course, we're cleaning today, and even the dog got a bath.

Belle's choice of stove is electric, and we cook mainly on a glass top stove.  It has many features we like, and even though I prefer a gas stove, this is her choice. What impressed me when we unboxed the stove was that it came with a small bottle of cleaner, Bar Keepers Friend, as the recommended cleaner.

I was familiar with this stuff from my bar tending days.  At the turn of the century, I had a side gig as a weekend bar tender at a small honky-tonk that served the redneck and creole community in rural Natchitoches parish.  We used Bark Keepers Friend for cleaning in that joint.

Belle is telling me that we need to make a run to town, so I'd best sign off.  We hope that all of you have a blessed and joyful Easter.

1 comment:

Drew458 said...

Happy Easter to you and your wife.

Does the powdered Bar Keepers Friend work on glass top stoves? We've got one, love it, but it sure is hard to keep clean.