Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Conservative Woke

I've seen this "woke" thing bandied about, and evidently, if you read the Huffington Post regularly, you are "woke".

If you are conservative and you understand that when you vote conservative, the other side considers you a hateful, racist, misogynistic, LGBTQWTF baiting, NRA card-toting, spiteful ignoramus, then you become Conservative Woke.
And when you’re conservative woke, you’re ready to deploy the most powerful non-bullet firing weapon in your liberty-loving arsenal – your devastating capability not to give a damn what the liberals and their Conservative, Inc., cruise-shilling Benedict Arnold buddies say.
If I don't care what they think about me, they got nothing.  And frankly, that's where I am at this point in my life.  Frankly, I don't care what they think about me.    I'm no longer afraid of being called a racist, because I know it's not true, Their taunts are meaningless.  Whether it is free health-care, or immigration, or voting fraud, or tax reform, or any other liberal knee-jerk topic, I really don't care what they think.  They've lost their power.

I've argued with friends and acquaintances who think that we should be more liberal, and I've shown them where their arguments fall apart.  It's all a pipe dream, designed to keep the liberal icons in power.  That's what it is about. Power, and I refuse to give them any power over me.

Their arguments don't make any sense and their taunts are meaningless.

Upddate** I sense a movement starting.  John Hawkins, over at Townhall, talks about this very thing.
There are always people in D.C. who think they have a better idea of what to do with my life and my money than I do. I don’t need any “help” from the government and I’m not okay with the government using my money to help people who should be helping themselves. When I want to give to charity, tithe to my church or buy Christmas gifts for a poor family, I do it. We may all have to pool our money to pay for street signs, the police and the military, but I don’t see any reason my money should go to people on welfare for years, the families of anchor babies or scammers doing Crossfit right before the government hands them a disability check for their “intolerable” pain. Go work for a living like the rest of us.
Go, as they say, and read the whole thing. 

No comments: